Monday, April 4, 2011

Han II Kwan

Friday, April 1, 2011

This Korean restaurant has been around for as long as I can remember. I used to live only a few blocks from this place, but this was the first time I ate here. Located at the corner of Balboa St and 19th avenue, it is a popular destination for tourists. Bright and spacious, this Korean restaurant is the perfect place for families and group gatherings.

The picture on the right is some of the side dishes included for free with the meal. There were a total of 10 small side dishes, which included kimchee and fish cakes, as well as a small clay pot the spicy tofu soup which is below.


We ordered kimchee pancake. This was quite unusual. I have never had kimchee in pancakes before so it was fun to try even though it was a bit pricey. Each slice wasn't that big in size but it was thick and very filling. The pancake was not disappointing. It tasted exactly like kimchee. So if you're a lover of kimchee, give this dish a try.


We ordered two entrees: the beef short ribs and the spicy pork. I didn't try the short ribs because I don't eat beef, but it looked good. I had the spicy pork and I thought it was one of the best ones I've had. To me, it wasn't very spicy, but then again, rarely anything is. The two pictures below show the entrees. The darker one is the beef short ribs and the reddish one is the spicy pork.


I personally thought the food here was very good. The entrees weren't expensive at all since they were lunch specials. Each dish was between $8 -10, which is very reasonable for Korean food. Besides, there were so many side dishes I felt that you could become full just by eating those. I will come back here to satisfy my Korean food cravings.

~ A

No comments:

Post a Comment